Everyone,

I'm running Tomcat 9 under the security manager and when I try to use JavaMail to send a message, I'm getting:

javax.mail.MessagingException: IOException while sending message; nested exception is:
javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException:
no object DCH for MIME type multipart/mixed; boundary="----=_Part_0_1399981359.1658719078369"

I've confirmed the code works as expected without the security manager. From searching around, it seems like the issue is that the Activation jar can't read configuration settings in javax-mail-1.6.2.jar/META-INF

javax-mail-1.6.2.jar is in $CATALINA_BASE/lib

I've tried various workarounds (setting mailcap values, and setting class loader) that are suggested on Stack Exchange but they don't help. Does anyone have any ideas of what I should put in the catalina.policy to allow this? Should I move the javax-mail.jar?

System Information:

Tomcat: 9.0.65
OS: OpenSuse
Java Mail Version: 1.6.2