Hi Mark,

Thanks for letting me know that I am on righ track.

I will try it with standard installation and further inspect why it is not
working in my product.

Thanks,
Umesh

On 11/15/22 11:34 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
On 14/11/2022 11:22, Umesh Raikwar wrote:

<snip/>

> ... context path /product ...

<snip/>

> <Context path="/Product" docBase="/opt/product/codebase"
>           reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
>
>    <Loader > loaderClass="org.apache.catalina.loader.ParallelWebappClassLoader" > delegate="true"/>
>    <Resources>
>        <PostResources base="/opt/product/custom"
> className="org.apache.catalina.webresources.DirResourceSet"
>                   webAppMount="/"/>
>      </Resources>
> </Context>
>
> and tried to access URL: locahost:8080/Product/test.html which > returned 404.
>

> My question:
> Is nested components the right way to achieve the requirement? If yes, > please help me understand what I am missing. If not, please point me > the right way.

You are on the right track. I've just tested this locally and it works.

You have inconsistent context paths in your question. URLs are case sensitive. That makes me think you have the wrong context path somewhere.

It might be helpful it you started with a standard Tomcat install. Adding the following to $CATALINA_BASE/webapps/manager/META-INF/context.xml

<Resources>
   <PostResources
       base="${catalina.base}/extra"
       className="org.apache.catalina.webresources.DirResourceSet"
       webAppMount="/"/>
</Resources>

allows me to access $CATALINA_BASE/extras/test.jsp via http://localhost:8080/manager/test.jsp

Mark