Von: Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2023 23:30
An: users@tomcat.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Password in Tomcat 9.x

Thomas and Alex,

On 1/18/23 16:03, Thomas Hoffmann (Speed4Trade GmbH) wrote:
> Hello Alex,
>
> thanks for the clarification. Now I got the topic.
>
> I don't think that you can use a path there.
>
> The options I have in mind are:
> - Use properties:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11926181/environment-system-variables-in-server-xml
> - Remove password or set it to the same password.
>    This won't decrease security in my opinion.

+1 the easiest way to do this IMO is to simply remove the password from
the key store.

Yet another option is to use the
org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.ServiceBindingPropertySource "property
source". Check out
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/systemprops.html and
read about "property replacements". I think you can achieve your goals
using that plus your files on the disk as-is.

Hope that helps,
-chris