Mark,

On 3/2/23 09:39, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 02/03/2023 14:20, Devatha Naga Puneeth wrote:
Hi,

I checked the documentation and only understood that if unpackwar enabled
then contents of the application will be extracted in the appBase.

What is the use of UnpackWar to false ? When to prefer true and false ?

Generally, unpacked web applications are going to be faster.

I can't think of a really good reason to run from a packed WAR file off-hand.

Read-only filesystem / directory. Not a "really good reason", but a potential one.

One could make a claim that Tomcat is less vulnerable if it (including its deployed web applications) cannot write to any place on the disk where code can be executed.

But you can copy the unpacked web application to such a file system just as easily as you can copy a single WAR file.

Mark