Jon,

On 3/8/23 16:43, jonmcalexan...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID wrote:
The error is coming from the client-connection of their app to the
webservice. Trying to convince them that it's in THEIR code not
Tomcat, at least I can't think of how it could be Tomcat. Possibly
something in Java? They are using 1.8 (build 361).
I'm scratching my head a little, here.

The exception stack trace you posted is definitely from the Tomcat end of things, but it's also happening while making an outbound connection to ... somewhere else?

Tomcat (as server) -> Spring -> HttpClient -> TLS handshake (as client) : error

So... is this a client-library of some kind (com.wellsfargo.b2binv.EDDApplication) that is failing when connecting to /yet another Tomcat server/?

HttpClient is 100% independent of the Tomcat server that is hosting it. If this client isn't connecting to a Tomcat on the other end that you are trying to debug, here, then I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

-chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 8, 2023 10:23 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Re: sslHostConfig and ciphers

Jon,

On 3/8/23 11:04, jonmcalexan...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID wrote:
So, this is giving out this errors:

javax.net.ssl|WARNING|01|main|2023-03-03 16:14:43.438
UTC|SSLSocketImpl.java:1468|handling exception ( "throwable" : {
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:210)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:141)

I think this is just clients hanging up the phone on you.

javax.net.ssl|SEVERE|01|main|2023-03-03 16:14:43.440
UTC|TransportContext.java:362|Fatal (UNEXPECTED_MESSAGE):
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset ( "throwable" : {
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:210)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:141)

Same here.

Are you getting reports of errors from users, or are you just following-up on
stack traces in your log files?

-chris