On 7/22/06, Christopher Schultz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Another poster suggested that you increase your max heap size. That is
reasonable if your application actually needs more memory to function
normally. I encourage you to analyze your memory needs and possibly
increase the heap size to meet those needs. But, don't just jack up the
heap size because you are running out of memory; you might have a
resource leak

...though the original poster said his app *wasn't deployed*.

A fresh install of 5.5.17 with *no* contexts other than the manager --
started up with default catalina.sh script -- starts with:

Free memory: 1.40 MB Total memory: 4.93 MB Max memory: 63.56 MB

I doubt anyone will get much of an application to run in that available free
space. Hence my suggestion that the 64Mb default is pretty useless  :-)

YMMV,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]