Hello Tomcat Community!

Tomcat Version: 9.0.70

Our Tomcat web service started exhausting the max connections allowed to the
backend datastore (Postgres).

>From the logs, we don’t see any 1 thread requesting lot of connections. Nor do
>we see too many threads requesting a new connection.
We collected thread dumps (at a fixed interval of 5 mins) and they do not point
to too many threads requesting connections.

We suspect someone could be leaking connections but we are unclear on how to
narrow that down especially since the thread dump was inconclusive

We added parameters like “removeAbandoned”, “removeAbandonedTimeout” and
“ResetAbandonedTimer” to our datasource config and the results were encouraging
- we don't see the pool getting exhausted but are concerned this might mask a
larger problem in case there are connection leaks in our service.

It would be great if the community has any thoughts on these new parameters. Or
on way to narrow down the problem to isolate connection leaks.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Akshay