From: Andr? van der Lugt <avdl...@outlook.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2023 2:49 PM
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Best Practice to Upgrade Apache Tomcat from 9.0.56 to 9.0.74

Hi Meltron,

Apache Tomcat home > Documentation has a Migration Guide
(https://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html), see subsection "For upgrading
between 9.0.x versions, ..."

Generally speaking, if you prepare your deployment according to RUNNING.txt
(see Tomcat distribution) sub-section "Advanced Configuration - Multiple
Tomcat Instances", the patch update can be fairly painless - all it takes is
replacing CATALINA_HOME/bin and CATALINA_HOME/lib with the contents of the
Tomcat update. And consulting the migration guide for potential breaking
changes. Works for me!

Good luck,
Andre