Changing the CGI Servlet may be the easiest route, but if I wanted to use
it as intended, I'm guessing I would use the original Java code that you
sent below?

X509Certificate[] certs =
(X509Certificate[])getHttpServletRequest().getAttribute("jakarta.servlet.request.X509Certificate");

I would just have to figure out how to do that within Oracle.