James,

On 9/25/23 12:17, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
I probably asked the question before, but does Tomcat have any problems with not having a ROOT context?

I always run with a ROOT context just to be able to do things like provide custom responses with clients request /no-such-app/application.yml and stuff like that.

This may not be true any more, but I have this comment in my ROOT web.xml that get auto-built/deployed by my build process:

<display-name>Dummy ROOT context to prevent 400 Bad Request responses</display-name>

So it's possible that requesting /no-such-app/whatever will return 404 these days, but at one point it returned 400 and I didn't like that.

-chris