Mani,

> The servlet class checks, if the user is authenticated using a variety
> of conditions. If the user is not authenticated, then the servlet sends
> a redirect to the login page.
>
> When debugging using Eclipse, I can see that my response wrapper class
> has the redirect url (http://my.com/login) set in it. But I never see
> the login page on my browser.

What /does/ happen?

Is your filter supposed to do the redirect? In either case, the redirect
did not appear in the code you posted.

> Should I implement any special methods in
> my wrapper which is currently an empty class?

Assuming that your class subclasses an existing ServletRequest class,
then you should be okay. If you merely implemented the ServletRequest
interface but left the methods empty, then it is not surprising that
nothing is happening.

Please provide more details.

-chris