MG>Good Morning Luis I preface my comments with MG>

> If I understand this, this means this is possible in J2EE, which I had read
> about. But, what about TOMCAT? Is it possible to do the same thing in
> Tomcat, just to see if that would solve my problem?
MG>Tomcat is a container for servlets..not an EJB server..the good thing is you
can run Tomcat inside *most* J2EE compliant EJB servers such as
MG>OpenEJB/JBoss/OAS/SunAppServer
MG>http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/02/12/ejb_tomcat.html
MG>http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=2188
MG>http://www.oracle.com/appserver/index.html
MG>http://www.sun.com/software/products/appsrvr/index.xml
MG>I am most familiar with the Oracle offering and can help you with that
>
> I have looked around on the web, documentaiton and configuration files and
> this does not seem to be possible in Tomcat
>

>> 3)
>> JNI:
>> I *assume* you are attempting to build and configure your own mod_jk
>> worker?
>> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/install/apache2.html
>> This is system related stuff which assumes you are backing up your current
>> installation beforehand
>> and using Platform specific utilities (cl/gcc/iSeries) to essentially make
>> your platform-specific binaries
>> The important point here is to use the platform specific
>> install/configuration/compile scripts which are blesses by the platform's
>> vendor-
>>

> No, I am trying to do something a lot simpler.
>
> See, we already have a server side implementation of the services in C++
> (Roguewave), but we are looking into a cheaper option, which is why I was
> looking into axis/tomcat. My clients are using Axis anyway, so I thought
> using Tomcat was going to be straight forward.
>
> So, we don't want to reimplement everything in Java, which means I only need
> a jni wrapper in the axis server to call my DCE proxies in C++.  So, the
> picture looks like this
>
> axis Client --> axis Server --> jniWrapper --> DCEProxy (C++ implementation)
MG>Assuming you placed axis.jar in your web-inf/lib
MG>Assuming you have placed all of your supporting jars in (saaj.jar ..) in
commons/lib
MG>be mindful that you MUST declare Datatypes initially as SOAPDatatype and
then convert to java datatype and then convert to C++ Datatype
MG>the SOAP Datatype is covered by the WSDL declaration
MG>The Java datatype is usually a Java bean
MG>There is a JNI spec which covers how to declare Java methods and pass Java
Datatypes to C apps please read
MG>http://www.camtp.uni-mb.si/books/Thinking-in-Java/AppendixB.html
MG>be mindful of introduction of objects in a method's parameter list changes
the signature which has the unfortunate side effect of making the MG>method
unrecognisable to extrenal entities..be mindful to make the method visible use
the method calling convention supported by JNI of