Hi Michael,

After re-reading my previous message, I realized it might have been ambiguous
regarding whether I observed caCertificatePath working with or without your
first posted file set from
http://home.apache.org/~michaelo/issues/tomcat/openssl-crash/. To clarify, it
was indeed your first posted file set that made it work.

The issue I initially encountered on my end was due to some unnecessary copies
of the original OpenSSL binaries elsewhere in the system path. These copies
were likely causing different results as they were being loaded without my
awareness. After removing them I observed Tomcat startup with caCertificatePath
in server.xml without JVM crash using the original binaries you provided.

I hope this clears up any ambiguity from my previous message.

Thanks!
-Andy