I'm trying to extend my basic JDBC Realm form authentication within my web
app to, in addition to checking for userid and password, also check to make
users' passwords aren't too old and force them to update their passwords.

How do I extend the org.apache.catalina.AuthenticatorBass class? I don't
have any experience modifying the insides of Tomcat. I just build web apps
that work on top of it. What is Authenticators.properties. Which one of the
Tomcat jars has the org.apache.catalina.AuthenticatorBass class and how do I
extract the .jar file. I'm not a java programmer. I only have the Java
Runtime Environment installed... Will I need the Software Development Kit to
do this? Which SDK should I get to do this?

Ferindo

--
justferindo