On 7/26/06, Frank W. Zammetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've gotten a number of requests for an article on AjaxParts Taglib, and
I finally got around to writing it :)  You can check it out here:

http://www.omnytex.com/articles

If you have never heard of AjaxParts Taglib before, in brief, AjaxParts
Taglib, a component of the Java Web Parts Project
(http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net), is a taglib that allows for easy,
declarative, event-driven AJAX, allowing a developer to add AJAX
capabilities to existing or new webapps without the need to write ANY
JavaScript at all!  This article demonstrates how it works, explains the
benefits, and goes into some details about the capabilities it offers
out-of-the-box, as well as the ways in which it can be extended to
fulfill far more advanced users.

Hope it is helpful, and take care!

Frank

Frank,

great stuff! I haven't read the whole article yet :-) so just a quick question:

say I have this button:

<input type="button" value="Click me for AJAX"><ajax:event
ajaxRef="MyFunctions/Button1" />

and I defined the "onclick" event in <ajaxConfig>.

What will happen if I define another onclick handler right in the
"input" element like

<input type="button" value="Click me for AJAX" onclick="return
doMyCustomStuff();"><ajax:event ajaxRef="MyFunctions/Button1" />

Basically, how do you handle custom Javascript?