set "redirectPort" on your AJP(port 8009) connector to 443

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/ajp.html

using mod_jk, you will not use port 8080 and 8443, only 8009.

Filip

David Miller wrote:
I can't do that because the web server uses those ports.

Perhaps someone can just verify the following; will tomcat with mod_jk allow
me to access encrypted pages without seeing the port in the URL?
Example: we want to see this https://localhost/my-secured-webapp and NOT
this https://localhost:8443/my-secured-webapp

David

On 8/3/06, Mark Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

David Miller wrote:
> When I run my app using Tomcat only (without apache httpd) I specify the
> ports for secure and non-secure pages; http://localhost:8080/my-app or
> https://localhost:8443/my-app for example.
>
> I've installed mod_jk hoping that Apache httpd would handle
> the connection allowing me to omit the port numbers. Is that what should
be
> happening?

Or you could just change the ports in server.xml to 80 and 443 Don't
forget to change the redirect port as well.

Mark