Hi everybody,

I'm having issues with isVirtualWebappRelative parameter when configuring the
SSIServlet. It just won't work for me. I have set up the value to 1 to make the
path be interpreted as relative to the context root, but I'm still getting the
following output in catalina.out:

SEVERE: #include--Couldn't include file: /head.html
java.io.IOException: Couldn't find file: /head.html
        at
org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIServletExternalResolver.getFileText(SSIServletExternalResolver.java:537)
        at org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIMediator.getFileText(SSIMediator.java:155)
        at org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIInclude.process(SSIInclude.java:44)

The file, head.html, exists in the context root and everything works fine when
a file from the same directory is including it via <!--#include
virtual="/head.html"--> The problem comes when a file from a subdirectory tries
to include it.

I'm testing this with Tomcat 5.5.17 on Linux. The same configuration works fine
with Tomcat 5.0.25

Does anybody know of any bugs related to the isVirtualWebappRelative parameter
in Tomcat 5.5? I might have missed something in the configuration, but can't
think of it right now.

Any help and ideas are welcome.

Thanks,
Ross

"This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential
and not for third party unauthorized distribution"