Ok, that's what I had expected,
http://vh.host.com/someuri/eservlets/myservlet, but in reality, such
URL would produce HTTP 400 which has been puzzling me and I had
assumed I had some misunderstanding of something. But the weird thing
is http://vh.host.com/myapp/eservlets/myservlet works flawlessly so
that's why I was asking whether specifying JkMount would have any
bearing on Context path which seems like it doesn't in this case.
Again, my configration is as following:

httpd.conf:

<virtualhost ...>
  ServerName vh.host.com
  DocumentRoot /path/to/www

  JkMount /* worker1
  JkMount /*.jsp worker1

</virtualhost>

conf/server.xml

<Host name="vh.host.com"
          appBase="/path/to/vh"...>

conf/enginename/vh.host.com/myapp.xml:

<Context path="someuri"
              docBase="/myapp"...>

Note DocumentRoot of Apache differs from appBase in case Apache
doesn't take over Tomcat's responsibilities of handling servlets and
JSP that has no idea how to handle.

Anyway, your verification has made me more bewildered. Not sure what I
want to hear at this point.

On 8/20/06, Mark Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Evan J wrote:
> Yes, I understand that perfectly. What I am asking is what if we
> include a web application Context path, that is <Context
> path="someuri"...>. Of course, JkMount /*/eservlet/* would relay all
> the request with mywebapp/eservlet/* from Apache to Tomcat -- I am
> aware of that. Now if we set <Context path="someuri"...>, what is
> going to happen to our URI?

http://host:port/contextpath/servletmapping

in your case

http://vh.host.com/someuri/eservlets/myservlet