I discovered no difference in performance between running 1 tomcat, or 4 tomcats on the one machine - same performance.

The machine was a 4x Opteron 870 with 8GB RAM, running Java 1.5.6 32bit.

Andrew

Boris Unckel wrote:
Hello,

 >> can I move to 2048mb without any problem ?
Leon Rosenberg wrote:
are you using a 64bit version? If yes than the answer is yes.
Otherwise its probably no :-)
Is this really just a 32 vs 64bit decision? What about garbage collection cycles? What about more than one instance of tomcat for the same application on the same machine
(scaling somehow vertically)?

Regards
Boris