Im running my app using a 'DataSourceRealm' (MySQL) wherein I have encrypted the stored passwords using SHA. I added the 'digest="SHA"' to the realm definition.

The logins were working when I didn't encrypt the passwords. Now that they are encrypted I can't login anymore.

Does the MySQL 'SHA(pw)' command create passwords that are usable by Tomcat ?

I have them stored in a 'blob' column. They were created as follows:

update users set user_pass=SHA("pw") where user_name='test0';