Hi Rodrigo,

How long is a piece of string?

The 'Brand' of linux only really makes a difference for administration purposes. Performance will be about the same on all, depending mainly on which version of the kernel you are running.

Should you decide to go Linux, I would look at something with a kernel > 2.6.12...

As for how many users - this really depends on how your app works, and what hardware you have running in the background. Are the tomcats even the problem? or is it the database in the backend?

You will find the new threading library in Linux 2.6 to be very beneficial for tomcat with lots of threads.

Andrew