Darren,

Every now and then JConsole shows Old Gen as having flat-lined. Only a Tomcat restart can rectify the problem. Killing sessions followed by a manual GC does not seem to have an effect.

Haven't yet determined whether we need to start looking at the young to old heap allocation ratios - is this the main area I should be looking into?

We see this same behavior. I too am interested in comments from others. We are running on a OS X Server; JVM v1.5.

Stephen Caine
Soft Breeze Systems, LLC