From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 9:06:00 AM
Subject: RE: v5.5.x default context support outside of server.xml

> From: Jon Wilmoth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: v5.5.x default context support outside of server.xml
>
> There seems to be some conflict between different sections
> of the context config documentation that leads me to believe
> it's not possible to specify a default virtual host's context
> with an empty string "path" attribute for a context.

The doc is a bit obtuse in this area, since it wasn't fully revised from
previous levels.  To specify the default app, you must first delete the
existing webapps/ROOT directory, then install your app in webapps/ROOT
(or webapps/ROOT.war) or put your <Context> element in
conf/[engine]/[host]/ROOT.xml.

- Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.