"Jacob Marcus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Thanks for the replies.
>
> Using the protocol="my.Class" does help me give my own implementation of
> the
> ProtocolHandler for the Connector.
> The className attribute would have helped me specify my own implementation
> of the Connector itself.
>
> Removal of the className attribute means that I can no longer extend the
> Connector and override methods. :=(

In 5.5, I can't see any methods of the Connector that could be usefully
overridden (all it does is arrange for the ProtocolHandler and the Adapter
to talk to each other).  I'd probably be -1 to putting back className.
CoyoteAdapter doesn't do all that much either, but I'd be +0 to adding an
AdapterClassName attribute to the Connector.  I can't see where there would
be a use case however.