Guys,

We would like both appBase and docBase to be the same for the default
Context (is this possible?)

*Basically, all the WAR/JSPs/Servlets will all go/served by tomcat from
the public_html folder?*

Here is the current setup that worked and resolved the other issue but
it

created issues in serving WAR/JSP pages.

$CATALINA_BASE/conf/Engine/Host/ROOT.xml:

<Context docBase="/path/to/public_html" debug="0" swallowOutput="true">

</Context>

$CATALINA_BASE/conf/server.xml:

      <Host name="Host" appBase="/path/to/public_html/servlet"

       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

No Context path defined in it.

*If I set the appBase to be the same as the docBase, I errors regarding
appBase supposed to be within docBase.*

---

If we drop a Hello World JSP script in /path/to/public_html/servlet

(web server has a URL mapping to pass all request that matches servlet

OR .jsp extensions to Tomcat)

http://domain.com/helloworld.jsp -works.

http://domain.com/servlet/helloworld.jsp -doesnt work and generates a

404 error;

The requested resource (/servlet/helloworld.jsp) is not available.

This works if Tomcat is set as follows but it breaks the other setup

above.

server.xml:

<Host name="Host" appBase="/path/to/public_html"

       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

<Context path="" docBase="" debug="0"/>

and remove $CATALINA_BASE/conf/Engine/Host/ROOT.xml

Thanks,

Rizalino de Villeres