Thanks Chuck....

2006/10/23, Caldarale, Charles R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> From: Juanjo Cuadrado [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: About connections
>
> When I try to recover a connection, I use the Tomcat's
> pool connections, that it work fine too if I previously
> have put the Oracle's jar into 'common' directory.
>
> I have put the jar (classes12) into lib directory of
> application

You can't do both.  If you're using DBCP, the jar must go in common/lib
- and only in common/lib.  If you're not using Tomcat's connection
pooling, the jar may go in common/lib, shared/lib, or WEB-INF/lib of
each application - but it must not appear in more than one layer of the
classloading hiearchy:

     Bootstrap

      System

      Common
     /      \
Catalina   Shared
            /   \
       Webapp1  Webapp2 ...

Its presence in multiple layers will cause the kinds of errors you're
seeing.

- Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.