Tomas,

> I have application, where I store in session stack with actions the user
> made. When he wants to go back, I pop the action from the stack, etc.
> But this doesn't work fine for multiple windows (same session). So I
> want to identify for which window which action was performed.

I have found that stack-based management of user state is riddled with
sorrow. Use of the BACK (and FORWARD!) button, RELOADS, and session
timeouts lead to nasty little bugs.

If possible, convert your flows to use request parameter-based state
management, and you don't have to worry about guessing which state the
client is in.

This also helps if the user's session times out. If all the information
required to determine the user's state is in the URL, you can easily
resume the user's current activity after a login (or just a new session,
if your app does not require logins).

-chris