Hi Li,

I'm sorry I should have re-referenced the AccessLogValve documentation earlier.

I can still get this to work with the AccessLogValve custom pattern itself by
adding the request header in this
pattern element %{xxx}i , where xxx is the request header.

The following also worked, as shown below:

directory="logs"
 pattern="%{x-forwarded-for}i; %H %u %t &quot;%r&quot; %s %b
&quot;%{Referer}i&quot; &quot;%{User-Agent}i&quot;"
 prefix="localhost_access_log." resolveHosts="false" suffix=".txt" />

May be this kind of setup will slow down the performance of the site, but I'll
probably disable the logging after getting an initial sample of search engine
bots.

Thanks for your suggestions and help, I will keep those in mind. I still need
to learn Log4J and logging in general.

But for now, this setup is sufficient.

-Regards
Rashmi