Dima Retov wrote:

How stable is tomcat with Sun's HotSpot JVM 1.5?

Right now we have apache servers that are up for 3 and 4 months.
So I guess apache 1.3 may works for months.

How stable is tomcat against apache or other webservers?

Would tomcat be able to work 1 year without restart?
I've had three instances of 5.5.12 running on the same machine for 6 months without a restart, and that restart 6 months ago was due to a power failure. One of those instances gets around 2 million transactions per day.

I ask that because tomcat with eclipse became unstable twice today.
(May be it was happening because of debugging mode of JVM)
It's probably not due to tomcat; you have a lot more going on than just a tomcat server in that situation.

Dave