2006/11/2, Tremal Naik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
I'd like to filter the response to strip the unnecessary query string
from the Location header. Should I use a Valve or a Filter or what?

I noticed that I can change the header Location after the invoke()
call in a Valve:

getNext().invoke(request, response);
String location = response.getHeader("Location");
if (location != null)
{
                response.setHeader("Location",
"https://cor319.whatever.com:8443/";);
}

I don't get an IllegalStateException as I expected. Why?

Do you think this is a correct way to proceed?

thanks

--
TREMALNAIK