From: Rémy Maucherat [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 28 November 2006 23:37
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Memory leaks on webapp redeploy

On 11/28/06, Mike Quilleash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As a brief aside I found the following code in the
> WebAppClassLoader.releaseResources() of Tomcat 6, so it looks like
> some of the well-known caches are being cleared out by Tomcat itself.

Are you using 5.5 or 6.0 ? If you're using 5.5, then you should be looking at
the 5.5 source.

At the end of the clearReferences method in 5.5, the commons-logging reference
to the classloader is cleared again (along with other leak friendly static
fields) so no leak can occur because of usage of logging in this method.
Investigation has shown there was no leaking related to logging (and actually
no reference being kept anywhere).

Rémy

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 This e-mail is bound by the terms and conditions described at
http://www.subexazure.com/mail-disclaimer.html