| From: Matthew Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
| Subject: Running Tomcat 5.5.9 in AIX 5.2 with Java 5 64-bit - Tomcat
| freezes at a high level of workload
|
| Symptoms
| --------------
| When Tomcat is under heavy load running a webappliccation
| (at around 180 users although it varies), Tomcat 8080 will "freeze",
| whereby no more new uses can access the Webapplication, nor can they
| access the Tomcat Manager page.

Can you get a thread dump from the JVM?  That should show if the JVM's
stuck waiting on an external resource or something.

Are you using JNI?  I've heard that IBM's JVM doesn't handle JNI well
(something about it using AIX's POSIX pthreads lib).  This was under the
1.4 JVM, though, might not apply to 1.5.

The information contained in this message is confidential
proprietary property of FACTS/Nelnet Business Solutions. Any reproduction,
forwarding, or copying without the express
permission of FACTS/Nelnet Business Solutions is strictly prohibited. If you
have
received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to this e-mail.