Thanks Mike,

I will have a look at your patch, I am glad you have seen the significant
speedup. I am also fairly new to the hibernate code base, did you also
have to modify the collections persisters? or is all byte code
instrumentation done at the entity level?

It would be a huge win if Max will add your stuff to the core, so we
don't have to keep patching hibernate every time a new release is
put out.

Tyler.