On 11/30/06, Paul McMahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Alternately, I suppose since 6.0.2 is "only" a Beta, we could start
> with minimal poms (no dependencies) and see how well that works.

That sounds reasonable for now.  I installed the tomcat jars into my
local maven repository by using commands like:

bash-3.1$ mvn install:install-file -Dfile=tomcat-juli.jar -DgroupId=org.apa
che.tomcat -DartifactId=juli -Dversion=6.0.2-beta -Dpackaging=jar
-DgeneratePom=true

The "generatePom=true" flag creates a minimally working version of the
poms.  If it would help get the ball rolling I can attach a tgz of the
relevant portion of my local maven repo to a bugzilla issue.

If you can pick out just the pom files, that would be fine.  The jars
need to be the original ones from the distribution, so no need to
attach them.  Note that the release manager will need to sign the jars
and poms before they can be put in the Maven repo.

At least it will give you a Bugzilla ticket to vote for. :)

--
Wendy