Thank you ! It helps, too !

2006/12/6, Rashmi Rubdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I would like to add a few things to what Tracy mentioned.

You'll need the Jasper ant task.

It's very easy to set-up all instructions are here at the bottom of this
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.1-doc/jasper-howto.html

When you use this Ant task, it first creates Java files of all JSPs and
then it compiles the Java files to Class files.
Also it modifies web.xml the one under your project's WEB-INF folder, and
adds *all* compiled JSP class files to this.

That's why it makes sense to have 2 separate build directories, so that
you keep web.xml modified by JSPC separate from the original web.xml meant
for your project.

so

__source\WEB-INF\web.xml will be your original web.xml  and

01build\WEB-INF\web.xml will be the one modified by JSPC

-Rashmi