I am using Tomcat 5.5.20 and my app in XP. I need set my app as default
context so I will only use url localhost:8080 instead of localhost:8080/app.
The way I found is to set a <context> in <Host> of server.xml. But this led
to my app loaded twice when it started. Meanwhile 5.5.20 has discouraged use
of <context> in <Host>, which is correct for my app since it has its own
context.xml under meta-inf folder.

The only line I added in server.xml is as below(<Context> only),

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

        <Context path="appfuse" docBase="appfuse" debug="0"
reloadable="true"/>

My context.xml is,
<Context path="/appfuse" debug="99" reloadable="true" antiJARLocking="true"
antiResourceLocking="false"/>

Can anyone give me some hints? Thanks!