Seems like the same thing that was going on with myself the other day on
5.5.20 Tomcat. In Tomcat/bin directory is there a dll called
tcnative-1.dll?

Here is an email from Charles who helped me:

If you used the .exe download for Tomcat, you may have APR installed.
Its SSL configuration is rather different than that for Tomcat's pure
Java connector.  The doc for APR is here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/apr.html

Alternatively, disable APR by deleting or renaming bin\tcnative-1.dll,
and then the standard SSL handling (which appears to be what you
configured) will be in effect.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I ended up installing with the
native checkbox checked, then the .dll was in my bin, I took that out,
and then my SSL worked just fine after following the same links you did.

Let me know how it goes.

Scott