> From: Dani [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: My webapp is oddly asking for user and password
>
> Can I deploy hello.html without a .war file?

Yes, I just verified (again) that 5.5.20 with the default config will
deploy a webapp that has only a single .html file in its directory.  To
be explicit:

1) create webapps/dummy

2) put your hello.html file into webapps/dummy
  <head>
    <title>Testing</title>
  </head>
This is a dummy application.

3) start Tomcat, if not already running

4) access the page with http://localhost:8080/dummy/hello.html

If you've changed the port number in server.xml, use that one instead,
of course.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.