> From: Bachler, Elisabeth (Elisabeth)
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I would like to download tomcat (5 times).

You'll only need to download it once.

Are you wanting to run this on Windows or Linux, and do you want to
start the instances as daemons/services or from the command line?

> I need 5 instances of tomcat
> on the same machine (tomcat1, tomcat2, etc).
> What do I have to configure in order to work.... I seem to remember I
> need to modify the port but I cannot remember where!

The simple way:

- Get one Tomcat installed and working.

- Copy the installation.  Just once for now.

- Edit conf/server.xml.  Change the shutdown port (that's the one most
people forget) and the port in any Connectors that aren't commented out.

- Start this second installation using its startup.{bat,sh} and check it
works.

- Now repeat the process for the other 3 now that you're sure what you
want to change!

                - Peter