> From: dl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat Status, Administration and Manager not working
>
> I had defined mixed roles in tomcat-users.xml (see earlier post) so I
> deleted references to role "admin" and it now works.

That shouldn't have been a problem.  For testing, I normally use just a
single "admin" userid with both "admin" and "manager" roles; it works
fine for accessing both the admin and manager apps:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
  <role rolename="manager"/>
  <role rolename="admin"/>
  <user username="admin" password="testing" roles="admin,manager"/>
</tomcat-users>

> Here is the new file I am using .. now giving access to
> status, admin and manager .....
>
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
> <tomcat-users>
>   <role rolename="manager"/>
>   <role rolename="admin"/>
>   <user username="manager" password="xxxyyyzzz" roles="manager"/>
>   <user username="admin" password="xxxyyyzzz" roles="manager"/>
> </tomcat-users>

I don't think so - there's no userid with a role of "admin".

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.