> From: Siddhartha Subramanian
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: sendRedirect scheme
>
> Tomcat version:
> Tomcat 5.5.2

I'll assume that's 5.5.20, not a seriously outdated, buggy level.

> <Connector port="80" address="${jboss.bind.address}" maxThreads="250"
> strategy="ms" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" emptySessionPath="true"
> enableLookups="false" acceptCount="100" connectionTimeout="20000"
> disableUploadTimeout="true" protocol="HTTP/1.1" scheme="http"/>

The above shows a JBoss connector config, as does your next post, but
the one following that showed a standalone Tomcat connector.  Let's say
the variety of configs you've sent doesn't give me warm fuzzies that
we've seen the actual config you're running.

In the config above, the only odd things are the strategy and
emptySessionPath attributes; those should not have an effect on the
redirect protocol, but they are unusual settings.

> <Connector port="80" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150"
> minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75" enableLookups="false"
> acceptCount="100" connectionTimeout="20000"
disableUploadTimeout="true"
> protocol="HTTP/1.1" scheme="http"/>

The above connector config (from the 3rd version you sent) looks fine.

Everything I've seen so far would indicate that somewhere you've got a
web.xml with a <transport-guarantee> of CONFIDENTIAL specified.  This
could be in the global one (conf/web.xml) or in the web.xml for the app
in question.  Tomcat certainly does not change protocols arbitrarily; as
an example, look at the admin app's index.jsp file, which does a
redirect to frameset.jsp, without switching to https.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.