what I am saying is that I don't believe java.lang.Float.parseFloat parses according to the local, it always uses "." and not "," so changing your locale will most likely not affect the Float.parseFloat operation.

hence you should use the java.text.DecimalFormat

Filip

Dharma General wrote:
filip, thanks. but turkey locale uses "," to denote decimal vs "." in USA.
for further testing, plz tell me what changes i need to make to tomcat to
use turkey locale so that i can test my app in usa?