Thanks, let me change my question then (: Given a <Host> entry with a directory /usr/local/tomcat/webapps3, and the /usr/local/tomcat/conf/Catalina/hostname/manager.xml in place. How do I easily deploy/redeploy war files for the root directory?

Best Regards,
Jacob

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Jacob Rhoden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Deploying to / using context.xml

I have tried with path="" and path="/", what am i doing wrong? They are both tomcat 5.5.x

Unless your <Context> element is in server.xml (strongly discouraged),
there should not be a path attribute at all.  Tomcat determines the URL
path to the app based on the directory (or war file) name of the app if
it's under appBase, or the name of the .xml file if that's placed in
conf/Catalina/[host].  Look at the doc for the path attribute of
<Context>:

"The value of this field must not be set except when statically defining
a Context in server.xml, as it will be infered [sic] from the filenames
used for either the .xml context file or the docBase."

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.