Created a little admin app to do just that, and it worked perfectly.
All the connections being shown as "busy" cleared right out, and only
the minimum number of idle / available connections remained.

Thanks much.

On 1/10/07, Varley, Roger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree that is probably what is happening, since the application has
> gone idle.  However, with garbage collection, while it will only
> reclaim memory when necessary, there is a way to force garbage
> collection.  I am looking for a similar process with abandoned
> database connections.

If the connections will only re-cycle with increased demand, could you not create that demand
with an "admin" type program that requests, opens & then closes X connections?

Regards
Roger

not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.