In catalina.out I see the Anthill application going through a shutdown
sequence right before the time Tomcat dies.   So my assumption, maybe
invalid, is that it's shutting down because Tomcat instructed it to do
so.

 Here's a log fragment with the final interesting lines of shutdown, and
then the first line of the later startup.

00:26:30:456 [http-9090-Processor25] INFO  com.urbancode.anthill.Anthill
- Starting Anthill daemons
00:27:31:015 [Thread-32] INFO  com.urbancode.anthill.BuildDaemon  -
BuildDaemon shutting down
00:27:31:015 [Thread-32] INFO  com.urbancode.anthill.util.Queue  - Queue
shutting down
00:27:31:015 [Thread-32] INFO  com.urbancode.anthill.Anthill  -
Anthill.doShutdown() called
Anthill version: 1.8.0.264 loaded.
(com.urbancode.anthill.web.admin.AnthillAdminServlet).
Anthill version: 1.8.0.264 loaded.
(com.urbancode.anthill.web.admin.AnthillAdminServlet).
Anthill version: 1.8.0.264 loaded.
(com.urbancode.anthill.web.admin.AnthillAdminServlet).
Anthill version: 1.8.0.264 loaded.
(com.urbancode.anthill.web.admin.AnthillAdminServlet).
Jan 11, 2007 11:06:13 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init