Yes, you are correct Mr. David Smith, I was just about to tell this matter. I
did not put the LoginApplet.class in the WEB-INF. I choose to use html in the
servlet because I would like to upgrade the previous system that was written in
cgi. For the moment, I plan to use servlet and will upgrade to JSP later. I'm
really stressed developing programs using Tomcat because I'm running out of
time! I very much hope that tomcat users can help me out. Thank you so much,
David. I will try out your suggestion tomorrow because I'm having a headache
now. I will inform you tomorrow. Thank you also to all who contributed.

  Yours Sincerely,
  TEH NORANIS

David Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I reread the original post and I don't think you are all that far off in
your setup. I'll recap a little here just to be sure I'm reading it right:

Servlet is located at WEB-INF/classes/AppletLogin.class (I would
recommend this be in an official package)
Applet is located at myapp/applets/LoginApplet.class (note for all that
are following this thread, this is not in the WEB-INF dir)

Here's the result of your servlet code:

    Welcome! Please login

  name="LoginApplet"
codebase="/applets"
code="LoginApplet">

I notice straight off there is no closing head tag or opening body tag.
These are big html errors and your lucky the browser is even attempting
to display it as well as it has. Additionally, I believe your applet
params are incorrect resulting in your browser not being able to
retreive the applet. Consider composing the code and codebase attribute as:

out.println( "code=\"LoginApplet.class\"" ) ;
out.println( "codebase=\"" + req.getContextPath() + "/applets" ) ;

--David