When starting up Tomcat, I would like to do a System.exit() if an exception
of any kind is thrown.  Is there a way to configure this?   We are using a
large number of frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, log4j) and I want the
developers to pay attention right away if there is something wrong and to
get it fixed rather than ignoring them (or missing them).

I want to shut things down hard and fast if something is wrong during
development and force everyone to throw their hands up and be stuck (and
make noise) until it is fixed.

Any ideas would be appreciated.