Thx for the reply sir....as mentioned earlier I have upgraded to Apache 4.1.34
and I have posted another problem being faced by me.

David Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  There are a few things to look at:

1. Check that the examples webapp is present in the webapps directory.

2. Check with the manager webapp that the examples webapp is deployed.
(http://localhost:8080/manager/html)

3. Check the logs around the time tomcat was started for other errors
attempting to deploy the examples webapp.

4. Check file permissions to be sure the user tomcat is running as has
read access to the examples webapp

5. Check the examples web.xml for the servlet mappings for these
servlets. The urls you provided make me thing you are attempting to use
the invoker servlet. That servlet was disabled by default soo long ago,
I can't remember which version was the first to remove it.

--David