Hello All,

I am facing a peculiar issue in my server running Apache Tomcat/5.5.9.
I have a Tomcat server setup with 8080 and 8443 ports listening for http and
https connections.

When I access the tomcat welcome page hosted in my server as below,
http://<servername>:8080 OR https://<servername>:8443

I get the expected web page. But when I change the scheme and port number,
as below,
http://<servername>:8443
This is what happens,
In IE:
Displays junk characters (in precise, 4 boxes)

In Mozilla/Safari(Mac):
Downloads a junk file which says that it is of type "application/octet-stream"

To shed some more light on the issue,
When I changed the secure server port to 443 and i tried accessing URL,
http://<servername>:443 it took me to the default tomcat welcome page and for
any other port other than 443, it gave me the same behavior.

Please let me know if there is any solution for this above scenario and your
comments on what is causing this behavior.

Thanks in Advance,
Uday

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/