Thanks, Hassan,

I've seen session replication mentioned and suspected that might be the answer now.
Just stopping a worker and letting its sessions go elsewhere is certainly
more elegant than waiting around for sessions to be concluded.

The only problem is that my session data isn't serializable. So it isn't going
anywhere in the near term.

But, again thanks. I appreciate your help. :-)

   -- Scott.